So, left click or right?

I never really wanted to be good with computers, or technological stuff in general. It's just something that happened automatically. I just liked playing alot of games. Which sometimes required more than a basic know-how of computers. So, I tinkered and I tinkered, and I poked around and learned alot.

At some past point in my life, computers were bought for me with the aid of this relative or that, who me and brother assumed to be a knowledge warehouse regarding computers. The relative in question changed now and then, but the principle was the same. Someone bought the computer for us.

Cheaper purchases allowed more gaming, and more tinkering with the computer, and there was the internet which would widen anyone's horizon, whether they like it or not. And before I knew it, the roles got reversed. Those same relatives, not to mention everyone else, now rely on my abilities to handle tech deftly to fix their computers. Abilities which came to me, through years of sweat and hard work, thanks to my liking and wanting to play lots of games. Which, of course, everybody always thought, and will continue thinking of as a waste of time.

On recollection, though, it has been a long time since someone has rebuked me for playing too much games. Or sitting infront of the monitor nearly 24-7... Maybe the age of technology has finally caught up with them, and they've realized the usefulness? Maybe.

- E

0 comments:

Post a Comment